Hey Everyone! I hope everyone had a great weekend with the new Jinx patch that came in this week. I just wanted to make a quick reminder that the meeting is Monday (tomorrow) at 6:15pm in the Library Auditorium. To get there, simply take the elevator to the bottom floor and take a left, head to the end of the hallway, and it's the last door on the right. We are really looking forward to everyone being there and BRINGING THEIR FRIEND along with thime to the BRING A FRIEND meeting. We will take care of a litttle business like creating Councils for different games and paying dues! So please guys come on out to the meeting and be apart of the most competitive sport on campus! Whether you are starting a new team, on our team, wanting to be on a team, or just wanting to come hang out and have some good ole social fun, come on down to the Library Auditorium and play with us! Hope to see you guys there!
Vice President of MSU E-Sports Club
Hey everyone! So I wanted to make a post just in case everyone did not here what we went over in the last meeting:
1. The meetings will be moved to Monday nights at 6:15pm starting October 7th. After that, we will be meeting EVERY Monday at the same time.
2. On that first Monday meeting, we will be determining the new Vice President and Secretary positions so come to the meeting so you can get your vote in on whom you'd like to see as the new VP and Sec.
3. We discussed the responsibilities of the officer positions.
4. Dues are due at the end of October!!!
5. Still looking for things to do for a party for the Finals on October 4th. If you know of something we could do, let us know!
6. Attendance will be started on October 7th. There is a mandatory amount of meetings that you must attend in order to compete in competitions. The meetings that must be attended are the business meetings which will be stated during the meetings the week before and announced on Facebook/Twitter/Forums.
7. T-shirts will be ordered and given to those depending on who paid dues, so if you want a shirt, please please please pay your dues. We need the funding to do things like parties for champ releases/competitions/etc.
So everyone now knows what will went on at the club meeting. Attendance was poor compared to the amount of members we have in this Facebook group and the other. We need everyone's full participation to to become the competitive gaming club that ever EXISTED!!! We want to make our school proud when we go to competitions so lets get more people in seats, and less competing with each other. Lets compete against other schools and woop some butt!
Hope you guys have a great weekend! Stay safe and have fun!
- We'll be picking a consistent day/time for our meetings. Except a poll for your availability in the coming days. Reminder: Attendance at official business meetings is MANDATORY unless excused. Your official membership in the club relies on it!
- We are also still looking for an official room for events and business meetings. It's possible that we may outgrow McCain 100 for business meetings, and Butler 101 might not be available for our next big event. If anyone has any leads on a large room with ample electrical and Ethernet outlets, time to share!
- The club t-shirts designed by Casey Small are a go! We will have a vote in our next business meeting if we want the shirts to be included in our club dues payment, or if they are to be sold independently.
- At our next meeting, we will be officially nominating and voting in a Vice President and a Secretary to fill our open spots. If you wish to be considered for either of these positions, please notify Aspen, and it will probably be in your best interest to inform the rest of the club on forum and campaign for yourself!
- WE NEED AN OFFICIAL TEAM! Trey will be detailing that process and what YOU need to do in a post on the forums ( http://www.msuesports.com/)
- Flyers! We're going to be posting flyers around campus to try and garner some more attention, particularly with incoming freshmen. If you want to do some graphic design and work out a flyer/poster concept, please show them to an officer! We'd be happy to print them out and fling them everywhere.
- We are planning on having an LCS viewing party in the Dawg House some time in late September! This should prove as a meet and greet for newer members as well.
- We have a couple of potential university activities coming up soon where we will need volunteers to more a table for the club. Details when they become available!
- The officers are in the process of drafting a CODE OF CONDUCT for the club, which will be very similar to the Summoner's Code in its mission to eliminate toxic behavior from our community. Details at the next meeting, but we are VERY tired of dealing with petty things when we should all be working towards building a bigger and better competitive and cooperative environment!
- Jayce #1 twerk NA